Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Visiting Mission Emanuel, Santo Domingo, D.R. March 2017

Truth Connect was in Santo Domingo,  Dominican Republic to present a Leadership Training Conference to Haitian leaders in March, 2017.  While I was there an old friend contacted me.  Jim Sweeney and I  worked together at Mission Discovery over 10 years ago.  I left Mission Discovery in 2010; Jim left before that.  Since then he has become the Executive Director of Mission Emanuel in Santo Domingo.  When he saw I was in town, he invited me to visit their ministry and have lunch.  I was very impressed with the work that Mission Emanuel is doing to serve the people of Santo Domingo.  The ministry has a church and school, evangelistic mission outreach, medical and dental clinic, purified water supply depot, a women's empowerment ministry and a community building construction program.  Jim & Cindy Sweeney are good people and are doing a great work in the D.R.  I would encourage you to visit Mission Emanuel's web site (missionemanuel.org) and if possible, visit their campus in Santo Domingo.  Thank you Jim for sharing your ministry; it was a great visit!

Jim Sweeney and Don Schreier at Mission Emanuel campus in Santo Domingo, D.R.