Thursday, April 2, 2015

Truth Connect & HOLD the children Home ~ Lavaud, Haiti

Truth Connect was in Haiti for a Leadership Training Conference (LTC) March 22-28, 2015. The LTC took place in Port-de-Paix and hosted 50 leaders from the northwest region (please see previous blog post).  It was my privilege to provide the training for these leaders.  I also had the privilege of visiting HOLD the children Home in Lavaud, located about 6 kilometers east of Port-de-Paix. This orphanage is very special to me.  From 1998 until 2010 I served with Mission Discovery, an outstanding short-term mission agency.  While running mission projects for Mission Discovery the Lord directed me to create HOLD the children in the year 2000 to advocate for poor children in developing countries.  HOLD the children Home is one of the ministries that grew out of the original vision.  Richard Rohde now directs the program and provides excellent leadership in developing both the orphanage program and also the school sponsorship program.  Richard was leading a Mission Discovery team that was serving at the orphanage the same week I was there for the LTC. To learn more about Mission Discovery and HOLD the children please visit their web sites at www.missiondiscovery.org and www.holdthechildren.org.

There are plenty of children to love and hold at HOLD the children Home, Lavaud, Haiti.
Here I am with four children who just wanted to be close to me.  

 Richard Rohde, Director of HOLD the children with a special friend at the orphanage.

Sitting under the mango tree at HOLD the children Home.